Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Monday, December 20, 2004

stayin' alive...

hellooooooooo!
I'm done. I have finished my first semester of grad school. I have spent this weekend socializing like I've never socialized before (well, since last year). It has been grand.

To be more specific, Friday I was done with all of my stupid assignments and obligations at 3pm, then I headed to Brooklyn Friday night to party with my bestest friend Po-Po, who threw a holiday shindig, complete with yummy eggnog (I say yummy b/c it was 1 part eggnog, 2 parts bourbon, the only way that eggnog should ever be consumed), and this incredibly frightening Ukrainian beverage that I think was called Boilo, which you say just like you'd think, "Boy-low", except like it's one word. Yeah. That shit was fierce. I have to say that it conquered me. I could not defeat the Boilo (read: I couldn't finish my little shooter of the stuff. Whew!)
Okay, so the bf and I stayed with Po-po that night, then somehow ended up showing her boyfriend's dad around the city for a bit, which was funny, because he's from Ohio. Need I say more? No.

k, so then last night was my bf's office party, which was at the Hyatt, and involved only people much older than we are, but it was still really fun. They had this band there called "The Party Dolls" and they played 50s, 60s, and 70s, music, which I loved b/c it gave me an excuse to dance the way that is really fun, which is like you're in "Saturday Night Fever". It was great b/c where you're at da club you have to worry about whether or not you look hot, but I didn't have to worry about that b/c it was disco! I loved it! Sooooo much fun. And if I do say so myself, we looked pretty good out there on the dance floor :o). I could of course be thinking that b/c there was an open bar, but I really don't think so.

Okay, so then tonight we trimmed the tree at my bf's house with his parents and brothers, and that was really fun and entertaining. I don't know if my fam will have already put up the tree when I go home on Tuesday, so at least I got to participate in decorating someone's tree!

So, tomorrow, I have to wash about a month and a half's worth of laundry so that I can pack my suitcase for Tuesday. I am so dreading lugging all those clothes back and forth, ugh. Do you want to do it for me? I'll pay you :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here