Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Thursday, November 18, 2004

grow those brains

so, today i was doing some parenting counseling, and i was telling the couple about the importance of engaging with their baby (reading, playing, singing, holding, hugging) to her brain development, and they just thought that was the funniest thing. They kept asking me: "The brain? How? Are you sure?" and I managed to pull some (true!) stuff out of my ass about activating neurons, and how the simplest things that they do can stimulate her brain more and make a big difference in how her mind develops, and i think i actually got them to believe me! i was so proud. i actually felt like i made a nice little difference today, so that was awesome.

then, though, i was less awesome and managed to drive 30 minutes past my second home visit, which was oh so brilliant. and it turns out it's about 15-20 minutes from me, and i still haven't figured out that you really shouldn't trust mapquest. it's evil. so, anyway, i didn't make that one, needless to say, so i just got to drive around in traffic for an hour and a half. joyous.

but, anyway, i felt better today about whether or not i can actually do this job, so yay.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here