Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

yikes!

it has been waaaaaaaaay to long folks! though i know you have all (all...3 of you, now, maybe--my following is growing by leaps and bounds!) missed me horribly, it's actually a good sign that I haven't been blogging incessantly. why? b/c that means that i've been doing a lot of other things incessantly, and things that are actually going to help me get through this semester of school, so it's really a good thing. yes.
so, what's up with me? well, i'm glad you asked! i have been busy busy busy. school started up again a few weeks ago, to my utter horror, but it's not going too badly. I was working for about 2 weeks on a psychodynamic case formulation (which i turned in about 2 weeks late) that i was soooo nervous about, seeing as i don't think i really understand what all this psychoanalytic schlock is really about yet, but apparently i did okay, b/c i just got it back in my box today, and the prof said that it was, and i quote, "absolutely first rate"! ha! go me! so that just made my day, b/c i had no idea what the hell i was doing, but it turns out that i did okay. so yay.
so that was one of the things that i was doing instead of blogging. i was also...acquiring car number THREE, if you're keeping track. yes, that's right. Lola the Volvo is gone, and now, my dad's 92 Camry is now gone, and i am the proud owner (and by owner i mean driver and insurance payer) of a beautiful '03 Camry! I traded up, and man am I in love with this car. and i know that you really shouldn't love material (pseudo)possessions, but i love this car, and i'm not ashamed to admit it. so there. so yeah, last weekend the bf and i drove down to virginia to meet my parents half way so that we could switch. seriously, my parents are the nicest people ever. i still don't understand why they didn't just make me suck it up and figure out how to get around in the old car, and cross my fingers and hope that it didn't burst apart at the seams one of these days, but they didn't! my mother decided that she wanted me to have a newer car, b/c i'd feel better, and she'd feel better apparently, and so she got me this car, and i still have yet to shower her with all of the gratitude and awe that i feel at how extremely nice it was for her to do this...but anyway, do you even care about this? probably not. sorry!
mmm...okay, there's much more, but i need to read (and by read i mean watch last night's episode of "The Bachalorette", while holding my reading in my lap). i'll start posting more often though, seeing as i obviously don't have the patience to sit here and backtrack through all of the thoughts i've had that i should've blogged but didn't, so let's just nip that shit in the bud. ha...nip in the bud. that's a weird expression. :o)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Alycia,
    It's Katrina... one of the three :) I am soo glad that you got a newer car especially with driving in all of that winter weather. Yeah glad you put up a newer post I was tired of seeing the same old one hehe just kidding... I'll give you a call soon... oh who got killed on the last episode of Lost? I missed it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here