Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Monday, February 28, 2005

should i be working? yes. am i going to talk about the oscars instead? yes.

hey people.
so, the oscars were last night! i know a lot of people think awards shows are stupid, but why? why are they stupid? i think they're fun and full of people-watching and mightier-than-thou judgment-making about people who you're really devilishly jealous of. yes? yes. what could be better, really.
so, anyway, i think chris rock did a pretty good job. i laughed out loud a few times (which might not be much of a compliment coming from me, as i have been known to laugh at things that aren't that funny, but still...), and i say "well done!" to the fact that he made fun of a lot of people, and you're like "ooh, maybe he shouldn't have gone there" and then by the end of it, he's made fun of himself, too, and so it's okay. so, anyway, i think he brought some originality and, dare i say it?, black-ness to the show, which is a good thing. and the bit where he went to the Magic Johnson theater, and no one had seen any of the best picture nominees, but they all saw (and loved) "White Chicks"? And the fact that he didn't comment on it, but just put it out there? It was like Fahrenheit 9/11. (which i haven't actually seen, but i've heard that it's like a "here's what's happened, you be the judge" type of thing.) and! speaking of 9/11, i though the best thing was when chris rock compared the horrible job that Bush has done, and the fact that he was still elected, to a Gap employee who starts a war with Banana and has a trillion dollar defecit in their register, and then still gets to keep their job. ha! i love it.
okay, so what else. Yay for Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman, i was v. v. happy that they won. Yay for Charlize Theron's dress, and why did no one comment on how gorgeous it was?? Soooo gorgeous. And boo for the fact that everywhere you looked all night you saw Beyonce's face. I mean, yes, she's beautiful, flawless, etc., but why did she sing 3 freakin' times?? Why? I demand an explanation! Especially when she sang the Phantom song and was intro'd by the freakin' girl who actually sang the song in the movie!! I mean, *slap*. But, she did sound pretty good, and she looked good doing it, so I really can't fault her that much.

But I can say that Josh Groban sings like a goat. Unfortunate.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:38 AM, Blogger Isabelle said…

    Okay, things you forgot to mention:

    1. Greased up Antonio/clown-haircutted Counting Crows guy, really, they should have made Beyonce sing all the damn songs. She is way better to watch.
    2. Them making less important people accept Oscars in the audience! (Granted, I am thankful for the time saved.)
    3. Why does Johnny Depp insist on always looking like an owl?

    Charlize's dress, while pretty, was a little too "look at me!" for my tastes.

    And, because I'm a sucker for duets (yes, I know I'm a cheeseball, but duets are so cute), I actually watched that Beyonce performance over a few times on my DVR. Shoot, now I feel like I should sign this "Anonymous," but I won't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here