Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tom Cruise is a kook

Hiya. So the link below
CNN.com - Psychiatrists: Cruise comments 'irresponsible' - Jun 27, 2005
is to an article talking about the APA's response to Tom Cruise's inane comments about psychology/psychiatry and antidepressants, and saying that psychiatry is a "pseudo-science" and there's no such thing as a chemical imbalance. Now, I watched the video first, to see if he could actually be serious, and he is! This self-righteous, narcissistic man actually believes that he is right, and why? Because he's "done the research" and "learned the history" of psychiatry. Now, granted, there are some shady things that went on early in the development of psychology/psychiatry, but that doesn't negate the fact that therapy and medication does actually help people, and that fact has been well-researched and documented! And, let's not point out that Mr. Cruise's adored Scientology (the basis of most of his psychology bashing) was founded by a science-fiction author. Yes, you read that right. I mean, come on!!
So, I had to rant about that because the man is really disgusting and short, and I needed to complain about it. (I'm also annoyed b/c this is really making me have second thoughts about seeing War of the Worlds, which I want to see b/c of the story/premise/etc., but don't want to see b/c this idiot cradle-robber is in it, and a stand must be taken!! *sigh* It's hard fighting the good fight...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here