Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Saturday, June 25, 2005

whew!

Hi people!
So I've had quite an exhausting week, let me tell ya. This past weekend Byron and I moved to a new apartment...it's in the same complex, but on the second floor, yay! We have now escaped the loud and heavily trodding family who lived above us for the past year, and are also not being subjected to the various horrors of living above a basement where the maintenance staff likes to hang out and, based on context clues and deductive reasoning, do their laundry (don't ask).
So, you'd think that moving would be easier when you're only moving a little ways down the street and you don't need a moving van, right? Wrong. We now have tons more stuff than we did when we moved in a year ago, and B refused to let me buy boxes because he's cheap (which is, granted, a good thing, since I'm not), but because we had no boxes, we had to make tons of trips, using the same few crates and boxes that we already had...ohmigod...not fun...It took 2.5 days, with the help of B's dad and cute younger brother, George, who is my new (and old) favorite person. I love him, he's a sweetheart. That was Friday, half of Saturday, and Sunday.
On Saturday afternoon we all headed into Queens for a dinner at B's grandparents' house, which was a lot of fun, but didn't allow for much rest, and then early Sunday morning we were back here finishing moving. And by we, I mean me, in that B and his dad painted our bedroom (which looks very nice in "Berry Red") while I lugged everything else out of our apartment. Oy.
Then! On Monday, still on about 8 hours total sleep for the past 3 days (I'm exaggerating, but it really wasn't much sleep) I headed to the library to write 2, count 'em 2, papers that were due on Tuesday. This is not a fun task to begin with, but just imagine the joy I felt doing this while my muscles were aching from moving, and my head was pounding from exhaustion. It was not pretty, long story short. But I got it done, I don't know how, and I don't know if those papers are coherent, but whatever. So then, on Tuesday I had to get ready to do a panel presentation on "Dual Relationships and Boundary Crossings" for my Professional Development class, and then Wednesday did the freakin' panel, which basically means that we (my group) taught the class stuff instead of the prof. Awesome. And then Friday was the last day of my crap-ass practicum, thank the lord! I was so glad to get outta there, you have no idea!! So, that was my week. Jealous? ;o)
But the good news is that now I'm starting to feel like a (pseudo-) sane person again, and can feel the stress level going down slowly but surely. I still have some work due next week (the last week of summer classes!) but it's nothing compared to last week, so I'm cool. And I went and reserved my copy of book 6 (HP) on Thursday, so I'm excited about that, because when it comes out, I will have just gotten back from going to a Weezer concert with Po and Kendrick and Byron, and celebrating his birthday, and will be about to go and visit home for a week before going to El Salvador for Tanya's wedding! The end of July is gonna be soooooooooo crazy and fun, I can't wait.
So, I know this post has been a big yawn, but I promise next time I'll make some judgmental comments about celebrities or something!
Mwah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here