Warning: Top May Blow Off

This blog is v. blog-y. I post sporadically, am sporadically funny, and am most likely funny only when I'm not trying to be. So, be forewarned, and thanks for reading!

Google

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cognitive Disonnance

Do you ever have a day where you feel guilty that you didn't do enough, but at the same time you did do some things, you just didn't actually start doing them until half of the day was over? That was my day. Well...my weekend. It'd started off well, yesterday I wrote a reaction paper (boo...hiss) that was due earlier in the week and sent it off, first thing in the morning, and then I did some reading and got my thoughts together for a project I need to move forward on for one of my classes...but then I spent the rest of the day watching my boyfriend play this video game called "Fable", and watched SNL. That's it. I felt v. v. guilty this morning. But, ironically, this self-flagellation did not kick start me into being productive, oh no! No, instead I stared mournfully at the pile of laundry (clean!) from the day before that were still left unfolded, and the bins of winter clothes that had yet to be taken out and organized and sifted through, though it's definitely cold now and I actually need those sweaters, and did I fold those clothes or empty those bins? Uh, no. Instead I puttered around online for awhile, then watched my boyfriend play the same freakin' video game until, like, 2 in the afternoon. But then, then a miraculous thing occured...I did the dishes, and lo, the bottom of the kitchen sink was visable! And then I sorted all of my winter things and PUT SOME OF THEM AWAY! Such joy, such bliss! It was truly magnificent, such a great feat of extraordinary wonder! I...am...awesome!


And then I woke up and realized that I all I did today was the stuff that I should have done yesterday, and that I'm really lazy. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter Who Links Here